Monday, June 16, 2014

Just another day in Tapachula
I am so thankful for the power of prayer and the opportunity and blessing we have to fast. I was really struggling this week with different things. I just felt so sad and alone to be honest. But Saturday night I took the opportunity to fast and spent a very long time on my knees talking with my Savior and with my Heavenly Father.We went to the baptism of an investigator the elders have been working with and he bore the sweetest testimony I have ever heard. He is 12 years old and his mom and sister are members but he did not want to get baptized until recently, and he is such a sweet boy. Then I woke up Sunday morning and had a new energy, I felt so happy.  We went to church and I partook of the sacrament and was able to feel the spirit SOO strong. After church we worked hard and received a reference from a member for a family and when we went to their house we were able to talk to 4 of the children and they are so excited to learn more! We have an appointment to go back this week. Literally as soon as we left we had the impression to go to a house where we had contacted a woman a few weeks ago, we went and they were so receiving and accepted our invitation to be baptized. I went home last night almost in tears because I had felt the Spirit guiding me, helping me when I really just didn't know where to go. I love when I have opportunities like this.
 They help me so much.

Thank goodness for umbrellas!
RAIN--LOTS OF RAIN


scrapes and cuts from walking in the jungle

Falling up the hill.
I am so happy to hear that you are reading in Ether. I LOVE Ether 12. I seriously use it in every lesson. I love teaching about faith. I think my favorite scripture of all times (or for this week) is Ether 12:27. Look it up! I love that we have weaknesses to help us to be better!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank  you so much for the cute birthday package! I LOVE the cute shirts and the earrings! I also got the letter with the necklace! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It actually came before my birthday which is surprising! Some things take months to get here and others come in like 3 weeks! 


Sweet birthday wish from Colin.

Surprise!
Birthday tradition:  Hanging up the banner!








 
My new birthday shirt!
It made me so happy to hear Trynn's comment about the scriptures and how he doesn't understand everything but he knows they are true. I have used his words in a few lessons abut the importance of the Book of Mormon! Thanks buddy! 
Well I Love you all so much. Thank you for everything! Keep reading your Book of Mormon, keep smiling and know that I always love you!
Hermana Oliphant
 
PS  Here are some "investigators" that were pretty stiff.  

Sadly, we weren't able to get a second appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment