Sunday, August 17, 2014

Today was really long. We woke up at 4 AM to take a bus to SAN CRISTOBAL!!!! for our multizone activity. It was about 2 hours to San Cris and then everyone got in a tour bus and we traveled like 2 and a half more hours to our destination!!!! We went to some ancient ruins that were SO cool. Literally we were walking around on these ancient pyramids and walked through one of them. (I'll send pictures next week).  SO cool. Mom, you would absolutely LOVE it here! After hiking up and down the steep pyramids our legs and bodies were so sore and most of us slept the whole way back. It was fun to be back in San Cris even just for a little. 
Hermana Davidson is in my first area and she told me some sad news. Maria Rosa (my first baptism) died a few months ago. :(     I am sad but I am also happy because she is now living with Heavenly Father and is not in any pain.  She was such a sweet Hermana and had such a strong spirit. 
 
 
My new companion is from Ecuador! Her name is Hermana Guerrero. She has been in the mission for 4.5 months and I am senior companion. But really, I think I am learning more from her then she is from me. She is SO awesome! We have been having a lot of stress this week because we are both new in the area, don't know where anything is, or where anyone lives. And we have had to start completely over with finding people to teach. It was a little rough this week with only teaching 5 lessons but we really pushed through and contacted lots of people and have appointments for this week. We do have one family whose 3 children have the desire to be baptized- the parents are members and are working on coming back into activity in the church. As of right now, they will be able to be baptized August 30th! Our area is all of central (downtown) and it's my first area to be really in the city. So that's a little weird for me, but I really am starting to love it. I miss Tapachula and my ward Vista Hermosa, but I know that this is where the Lord wants me.  
 
Estoy muy feliz por la oportunidad a servir un mision. Estoy agradacida por todo los bendiciones que tengo. por mi familia por los oraciones de ellos. Yo se sin dudas en mi corazon que esta es la Iglesia verdadera en la tierra. Yo se que mi padre celestial me ama y me conoce. Se que Jose Smith fue un profeta llamada por Dios para restaurar esta evanjelio en la tierra. Yo se que el sacerdocio tiene mucho poder y podemos ver milagros cuando tenemos fe. Les amo con todo mi corazón. Hacer sus oraciones y siempre recuerden que tengan muchas bendiciones en sus vidas.Hasta la proxima semana, Les amo! 
Hermana Oliphant

No comments:

Post a Comment