Sunday, May 11, 2014


I am excited to call next Sunday. We have our lunch at 2pm and then we have a meeting from 4 to 6pm.... can you guys do it at 7:15 (ish) my time here in Tuxtla? We have a few teaching appointments that we are working around plus Hermana Rodriguez is going to use my skype name to call her family because she can't remember hers haha. Sorry that its such a hassle... I hope that it will work for you all. ( I think it's like 6pm your time). Just be on and ready--like playing games or something and then I will call as soon as it's my turn. Our awesome bishop is letting us use his computer in his house, so only one of us can call at a time and Hermana Rodriguez asked if she can call first and I thought that would be okay!  I am so excited to talk to you all and hear your voices- Damon included! Yes I have received a few emails from him and they are printed and in my journal! OH I only have 4 pages left and my first mission journal is filled up! Que Padre!!!! 

We have been working on helping people with the desire to go to church. We have our fingers crossed that 2 of our families will be able to come with us next Sunday. They have said yes, so I have faith they will be able to! 
I am so thankful for the leaders I have been blessed with. We have AWESOME zone leaders- Elders Caldwell and Cavazos. They are also in our ward and are so willing to help us out with anything we need. They regularly call us to cheer us up and help us feel animated for the work! Our Zone leader, Elder Beardsley calls us about every night to check up on us, and we talk about our days, how many lessons we taught, who we taught, who we contacted, if we invited people to baptism or not. He is a really good District Leader and is soooo funny! 
 
Our Sister training leaders, Hermana Guzman and Hna Favila came over on Thursday morning to do our weekly planning with us and to check up on us. We had been struggling with a few communication errors in our companionship but they helped us sort everything out! I know that's why we have leaders. they are all so great! Plus we have an awesome ward with so many people looking out for us. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hermana Claudia fed us dinner last Tuesday and we have a blast talking and joking and having a good time with her family. (We are fed by the Hermanas in the ward every day at 2pm for lunch and if we are hungry we eat something like fruit or granola at night.  It's a treat when they call us to come have dinner with them!) I am going to seriously miss Hna Claudia and her family when I get transferred! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have been studying more in the New Testament this week, especially about the miracles that happened. I love learning through Christ´s parables. They are so good! I want to start teaching and using his teachings from the Bible more. That's why I have been studying it. I have really put to use the quote `You will only get out what you are willing to put in¨ I love that quote. It means that We have to be willing to do all we can to get to the ending goal that we want. We can not just be lazy and wait for the miracles to come to us! 
Well my time is just about up. I can't wait to talk to you all this Sunday! Have your questions ready because we only have 30 minutes.... But it will be the best 30 minutes of my week for sure!! 
 
 
 
 
 I love you all!!! hugs and kisses!
Hermana Oliphant
 
 
 
 Hermana Oliphant with some of the beautiful children in her ward and area.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment