Tuesday, November 26, 2013


So I didn't really plan out what I wanted to say this time.  Sorry if it's all flustered . . . I am pretty hyped up today because since it is my last P-Day here at the MTC I have to get everything ready to leave--including packing my bags, weighing them. cleaning our apartment, and we had to go buy some stuff up on  main campus after attending the temple this morning.












I am reminded of that first day, July 5th, that I went through with my Parents and my Grandparents and my Best Friend Hannah Avery! It was such a neat experience and it's still neat every time I go. It only gets better!





Hermana Taylor and I are the Sister Training Leaders in our Zone (like Zone leaders for the Hermana's) and we welcomed our newest missionaries in our zone last night! It's been a really fun assignment to check up on all of the Hermana's in our zone!




 I still am in shock that I am leaving the country this weekend! it doesn't feel real. I was so sad to see Hermana's Jepperson, Reid, Harmon and Evans leave last Sunday and now it is my turn! It's so awesome how many new friends I have made while being here. It is so much fun and I really do learn things every day!


 OH I ran into Kaeli Willis this week from BYU-Idaho's choir From the Heart! and she is roomates with Sydney Forman from Chick Fil A! It was SOOOO good to see both of them! They are both headed to Reno, Nevada on Monday!


 At our devotional on Tuesday, the member of the 70 (I'm not even going to try and remember how to spell his last name) talked about the different degrees of glory and told us that it is our choice which one we want to end up in--that we need to make the decision NOW! He told us to make the decision and then write in in our journals IN BIG LETTERS so we can always find it easily! I wrote I, JUSTYCE AURORA OLIPHANT, HAVE DECIDED TO INHERIT THE CELESTIAL KINGDOM!  I challenge each of you to study about the different degrees and then make your choice! Once you make the big choice, all of the smaller choices will be easier to make. I hope that makes at least a little sense to you; I loved his message!


It has been raining a ton down here in Provo, which I love the rain, but it also can put a damper on your day. Hermana Captain (one of my teachers) told me something I absolutely love! When you are sad, or homesick, or not feeling well, focus on other people. Serve others. She promised that if we did that, our pains, and sadness would go away. And It really does work! Hermana Taylor and I have been reminding each other to do that and I think that doing that has helped our weeks be so awesome!


 This would be the cafeteria! Haha Damon, you'll be sick of the food here so fast! Bring snacks! Or just go to the creamery and buy stuff. That's what we do!

 I just love headsets!! Haha This is how we practice Spanish. It's something called TALL. It's a language program where we talk to the computer and it helps us with how we say things. Pretty cool, huh!

I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to be here, learning Spanish and learning how to be a better teacher and how to serve the Lord to the best of my abilities! I have neat experiences every day! I learn so much and my study habits have started to finally click. I just love learning so much!


Hermana Park painted my nails for me because I was having a bad day! She is so awesome! Aren't they so cute!




Keep the letters coming from home.  It is always so great to hear what is going on.





I love you
Love
Hermana Justyce Oliphant
xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxox
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment