Sunday, January 12, 2014

 It is a tradition here that a New Year's doll is created and then burned to celebrate the New Year.  hehe, but before he died we thought we might preach the gospel so he is acceptable in the world of spirits ... hehe
 Justyce was happy to have visitors from the US in church last Sunday.  This sister has a son serving in Peru while she and her family are living in Mexico for her husband's work.  They enjoyed speaking English together.  This sweet sister also emailed Mom and let her know that Justyce looks great and is very happy.  It is nice to have someone else's mother check in on her:)
 Here is Hermana Perez with a package. Yes they do get through. 









 Hermana Perez and Hermana Oliphant with one of their favorite investigators.



I am so amazed at how fast the time has been flying by! Hermana Pérez and I were talking this morning while washing our laundry about how it feels like it was yesterday that was Pday! When we stay busy with trying to find people to teach, we don´t have anytime to worry about other things, only who we will be teaching next! 
I am loving it here. It has been really cold, and the members have said that Enero (January) is one of the coldest months of the year!! wahoo... hahaha It's a good thing I like the cold.






We have been struggling to help our investigators progress. When we think we have people moving forward, we find out something that they are struggling with that sets them back and basically makes us have to start over.

Transfers are today and so far so good! I don´t think Hna Pérez or I will be transferred because she is training me and it's a 12 week training. I hope we don´t change because I love being with her and I am learning so much from her and her example. Ultimately, it's up to the Lord and what he wants and needs from us! That's one thing I have been learning, everything we do here on the mission should only follow what the Lord wants. Sometimes its difficult, but I know the Lord is always right! 


I am loving all the people that we meet. Everyone has different stories,  each only one of MANY that I have. I have been truly humbled to meet and talk with all the people in the various situations here in San Cristobal!!

Well, week 6 is finished here in Mexico! I hope everyone is doing well at home. I am doing well! 
Always remember to pray together and personally and the Lord will bless you!! I have definitely seen the blessings that come from prayer in my life!
Le amo mucho!!!
Hermana Oliphant




No comments:

Post a Comment