Monday, July 28, 2014

Hermana Oliphant
It has been extremely hot this week! It's only rained like 2 times, but hopefully, it will rain today! 
 
 Patience is something that I have always struggled with. I have learned to Face my Trials with Faith. I found a quote that I like.  It says,  "Even when the future seems uncertain, your faith in the Savior can give you Peace".  We all have trials and each trial is different, but if we have faith in Jesus Christ we can conquer anything! I KNOW that is true. We had some difficult days this week. But like my Momma said a few weeks ago, it is okay to struggle, it is not okay to give up. We need our trials to make us stronger! 

 
We had an adventure the other night. We were sleeping and I woke up with pain in my right side. I was trying to get back to sleep and felt something cold hit my foot. I shook my feet and kicked my sheets off but I didn't see anything so I put my sheets back on and started to try to sleep again. Then I felt something hard and cold on my thigh so I lifted my sheet and saw something black. ´COCKROACH!!!!¨ I yelled at my companion and threw off my sheet. She grabbed my sheet and turned the light on to shake the cockroach out of my sheets when AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it wasn't a cockroach it was a ALECRAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (scorpian). It crawled up my companion's wrist and she shook it to the ground and we killed it. I WAS SLEEPING WITH  A SCORPIAN! :( Needless to say we didn't sleep very well the rest of the night!) We were literally protected because it didn't sting either of us!
I am pretty sure I am in love with hammocks!
 
 
 
 
Well family and friends I love you so much. I know that families are forever. 
Thanks for everything! 
Hermana Oliphant

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the scorpion. You are a classic beauty in the first picture with the umbrella. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justyce! You were absolutely blessed! Aren't we grateful for the Lord's many tender mercies? What an adventure you will have to share for the rest of your life! :) Sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete