Sunday, July 13, 2014

I just cannot believe that this week I hit the half way mark. It is sooo weird to tell people that I have been out for 9 months already. . . and that I have 9 months left.
We had a rough week to start out.
 
 
 
 
 
 I was really weak from the hospital trip and the meds were a little funky with my body. Tuesday we didn't teach much and had a meeting with our bishop. Wednesday we had our zone meeting and welcomed 3 brand new missionaries into our area! We have a new Mission President, President George.  For now, we have all the same mission rules and guidelines, which yes, means that I still cannot drink Mexican Coke.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was getting my hopes up that I could finally try real Mexican Coke, but I guess now's not my time hahahaha! We worked with our bishop a lot this week. Arnold, our old ward mission leader, was with the elders in a different ward and couldn't come with us so our bishop made time to go on visits with us. We found 13 new people to teach this week. Saturday was an AWESOME day because we taught many lessons and found 9 new people and invited all of them to be baptized. Almost all of them said yes! Now we just need to work really hard to get them to church and help them progress. Sunday morning, nice and early, we went to take the sacrament to a family who live REALLY far away and can't get to the church, and we also taught them about the temple and invited them to start preparing to be sealed as a family. I love the temple and I love teaching about the blessings we can receive if we are faithful!! When we got to church, I rushed up front to play the piano and we received  a new Ward Mission Leader, Bernabe. I KNEW HE WAS GOING TO BE CALLED! Revelation.... :) He is going to be so great to work with; he returned home from his mission about 8 months ago where he served in Monterrey, and also has a calling in the stake young men presidency. On our way back home last night we stopped by his house and I asked for a blessing. I had a migraine all day yesterday and it was soo hard to concentrate in the lessons that we had.  I am thankful that there are worthy men who hold the priesthood of God and can give blessings. I never knew the power of the priesthood until I came here on my mission. I know that the Lord loves me and through his faithful servants He can bless my life!!!!!! 
 
This is Elder Monson from South Jordan!


This morning something CRAZY happened! About 6:20 am we were violently awakened because our beds were shaking and our whole house was rumbling (we live in the second story of a house). We jumped out of bed and clung to each other to stay standing up ( I am serious, the house was SHAKING) and without shoes or anything ran to the door and as we were trying to unlock it, the shaking stopped. It lasted about 1 minute, but MAN, we were so scared!!!! I have felt little tiny quakes here but never like this one! Needless to say, it was pointless to go back to bed, and our hearts were POUNDING, so we put on our tennies and went running. Oh how I love running! it helped us calm down! 
 
 
 
 
 
Well I love you all.  I was happy to see all the pictures from camping. I don't think I will ever complain about the mud and bugs from camping anymore... haha I am now just used to always having dirty feet and red bites all over my arms and legs! 
Happy birthday Grandma and Grandpa and Wendy!!!
Love
Hermana Oliphant

No comments:

Post a Comment