Thursday, July 3, 2014

Yes as my subject line says, I spent last night in the hospital.
But don't worry because I am better... or will be soon! I don't know really what I had or have but they put me on an IV and, yes, I was brave and didn't cry when they poked me... two times--once in my right hand and they couldn't get it in the vein so they poked my left wrist and it went in great. Here I am with Doctor Arriaga and my nurse. I will be honest I don't remember her name. Elder Perez was also here with us because he has Dengue, and he will probably be there for a few more days. 
I started feeling sick Sunday at church and that night I had a really high fever and my companion took care of me all night putting cold water on my forehead and stomach and helping me to the bathroom and everything. We went to the doctor Monday morning and returned home this  Tuesday afternoon. I am still weak a little but I am ready to get working again. 
Our new area is HUGE and the investigators are so far apart! The members are really good and have been helping us SO much by going with us and introducing us to the investigators. I have received 3 priesthood blessings in this last week. One from my District leader, one from a counselor in the Bishopric and one from my ObispĆ³... Bishop. :) I am so thankful for the power of the priesthood in my life especially right now where I am so far from home.  I know I am being watched out for and protected. 
We were asked to go help provide a sacrament meeting to some members who live really far away (in our area!!!) on Sunday and left at 7:50 am and made it back right in time to start our sacrament meeting at 12. We drove about an hour and then walked about 30 minutes up a mountain to their house. It was so neat to see the Priesthood in action and that we don't have to be in a church to partake of the sacrament.  We only need someone who holds the Priesthood and has permission to bless the sacrament!
I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve the Lord. I am learning so much. I love this work . I love this gospel. Yeah I get muddy shoes every day and come home with stains on my backside from sitting in dirt. Yes, I eat weird food EVERYDAY ( we ate cow STOMACH that looked like BRAINS this week. I wanted to BARF right there....) But I am happy to be here. I am happy to learn, to repent, to grow, to cry, to become stronger. It's not easy but I don't want to go home. I love it here and I love love love love love LOVE the people. Everyone is like my family. They all watch out for us as missionaries. 
Oh and something a little funny, Hna Garcia and I are friends with the pastors of the other churches here in our colonial. Its so funny because they are so friendly to us and their people... not so much. But hey we do what we can.
Well I have to go; we didn't have much time today. I will write more next week. Have a happy FOURTH of JULY! and know that I love you all soooooo much!
Love
Hermana Oliphant

No comments:

Post a Comment