Monday, October 6, 2014


4 places I have served


I love hearing about all of the wonderful things that you are all doing to stay busy. I wish I could have heard Ammon sing. I am sure that he did an amazing job!  I use my musical talent and gift on a daily basis. Of course I play every Sunday in church, but we also sing multiple times a day and I am constantly being asked to sing a special song for some one somewhere. Friday we were working in the area by the church and had to go to the bathroom so we ran to the church and showed up just in time to be asked to play the piano for a baptism. We had no idea that the elders were having a baptism, we just needed to go to the bathroom! The Lord really knows what he is doing and always puts us in the right places at the right times. 
We found a few new people to teach this last week and are really excited to go back and see if they are going to progress or not. It's kinda a game we always are playing, find people to teach, teach them the first lesson, wait a few days, pray for them constantly, and then go back and see if they have kept their commitments ( usually after the first lesson it is to pray and read the pamphlet ( I am not sure how to say folleto in English....). Sometimes they have done their homework, and sometimes not. This week we had a lot of the ´not´category which meant, yep, looking for new people! We did contact a reference who is SO ready! but she is being influenced by her older sister who is a teacher in a different church. But We are going to keep praying and visiting her :) 
One brother went to church again yesterday! When we went to pick him up with  a priest in the ward, he had on a white shirt and tie and was bursting with excitement!!!! We presented him with a Book of Mormon and he has already started reading. We asked him if he was still wanting to prepare for his baptism and HE told us yes!!! and he remembered what day! If everything keeps going this well with him, he will be baptized on October 25th!! 


 
I absolutely LOVED the Relief Society session of conference Saturday.  I loved how every talk was about the temple and how we can prepare to enter the temple to make our own covenants with the Lord. Here are some questions for each of you to answer,
1. ¿Cual es mi lugar en el reino de Dios?
2. ¿Como puedo preparar para recibir los bendiciones que Dios tiene para mi? 
3. ¿Soy ejemplo para otros personas? 
4. ¿Que necesito cambiar para ser mejor ejemplo?
5. ¿Cuales son los promesas eternos que tengo de Dios?  
I hope you understand my questions! They are some things that I thought about when I was listening (and understanding ALL of it!) in the Women's Conference. I also love the phrase ´Never stop your steps to the Temple¨ 
I am so thankful for the temple in my life. I miss it: its  been SOOOO long since I have been able to go, almost 11 months!!! but I am so thankful that as long as I am worthy and obedient to the commandments I will be blessed for the covenants I have made. 
My newest sunburn!
Well I need to finish up but I just want to end with telling you how much I love you all. I know that we all have made the choice to come here to earth and be tested. Sometimes this test is really hard. I have had to learn a lot about agency this week. It is so hard to watch people reject our message that is sent from God. It is hard to see people make dumb choices. But I have been reminded over and over again that we all have the ability to choose for ourselves. We are children of God, and he wants us to be happy but he has to let us choose. We will always be children of God. We are here on earth to prepare us for things FAR GREATER then we could EVER imagine. I love this gospel. I LOVE that my Father in heaven has a plan just for me. He has my life written out for me. I just have to trust him. I received some really amazing revelations this week. Maybe I will share them some day. But for now, just know that I KNOW that my Savior loves me. I KNOW that I need to be here in this mission to help INVITE people to come to Christ. I know that everyone has the CHOICE to keep the commandments and that we ALL have the opportunity to return to live with him again. 
I am so thankful that CHRIST gave his life for me and always did the will of the Lord. Its my hope and prayer that we can always do our best to do the will of the Lord.  
Until next week
Hermana Oliphant
 This brother is from my second area--Jardines in Tuxtla Gutierrez.  We taught him and now he is finally a baptized member of the church. Yeah!!














ps Do you just LOVE my new shirt? :) 
It says "the higher the heel the closer to heaven"! I bought it in Walmart last week with my new bag.  I think I love this color of blue hahaha














La hermana es la Hermana Solis. She is basically my mom here; I LOVE her so much!!!! She is the Stake Relief Society President :) She lives a few blocks from our house :) She has 4 girls and says that we are like her girls and if we ever need anything we can go to their house :) We sang kareoke with them Thursday night :)


My Pretty Missionary daughter

Will you read this book?


 Hermana Oliphant and Hermana Benally love taking pictures together.  Here are several of them having fun together.


 Missions are great!  I just want to add my testimony to that of my daughter's.  I know this church is true.  The sacrifices we make so that our missionary children can learn and grow in the gospel and invite others to become members of Christ's church and part of a forever family is worth it.  I am grateful to be a missionary's mother. 



No comments:

Post a Comment