Sunday, December 21, 2014

Hello! 


Navidad in Zanatepec!

December in Mexico is HOT! In the mornings it's been a little cold when we take our FREEZING cold showers! I think that will have to be our snow for this year... :) 
We are going to call home on Christmas!! I will let you know what hour we can the next week because we forgot to ask our branch president what time we can use his computer. But 25th works for us! 
So My new companion is Hermana Humphrey. She is from SANDY, Utah and has 11 months in the mission. She is sooooo wonderful!!! She started in Tapachula and then went to Huitepec (my 1st area) and now is here with me! It's been fun to be with an American again and we have been really trying to only speak Spanish! Honestly we don't speak English!  She used to work with Kaitlyn Ortega.  It's a small world, right?
I haven't gotten any packages or letters recently, and you haven't received mine either, right? I don't know what's up with that! Hopefully I will get something this Thursday because we are having our Christmas get together with President George and all of the missionaries in Arriaga and Chahuites. I'll keep my fingers crossed that something has come through! 
We have been really focusing on teaching about Christ the last few weeks. Every lesson we have tried to share scriptures about him and his birth and his life. I like using Mosiah 3. We are sharing it with everyone: members, less active members and non members. We are trying to find los escojidos para bautizar en esta cambio. Se que el Señor tiene personas preparadas para escuchar el Evangeio, solo nesecitamos encontrarlos! Estamos usando mucho Él es la Dadiva, y me encanta esta Mensaje Mormon. Veanlo! Es muy bonita!! (Dad's translation--We are trying to find people who will want to make this change and be baptized.  I know the Lord has prepared people to hear this important message we have prepared for them.  We are using "He is the Gift",  and I love this Mormon Message. Watch it!  It is very nice!)  oops.. I didn't mean to write in Spanish! Ask Dad to translate because I don't have time to write it again. 
 
 We drank out of a coconut!!! It was my first time drinking coco juice straight from the coco!!!

We had 3 investigators in church with us yesterday and they all came alone! Hopefully they will keep progressing! We are having to leave others because they won't make time to go to church. It can be frustrating. It's like JUST go to church, one time, and you will know it's true!!!!!!!!!!! But they don't listen. That is how we know if they are ready or not, if they listen. I hope that this week we find a family to teach. We are sure praying and looking for that one family who just is LOOKING for the truth! I know that anything is possible with help from the Lord. I LOVE this gospel and I love having my Savior's help in everything I do. I love my Father in Heaven. I am so thankful for the blessings I have been sent. I am so thankful for my family.  You all mean the world to me! 
Love 
 
Hermana Oliphant
Tlyudas!


P.S.I love you all!!!!
OH and I forgot to remind you, watch the movie he is the gift (El es la Dadiva) (The Mormon Message)
We are sharing that with everyone here.  And you can all be working on what gift you are going to give the Lord!!!!! I love you and will talk to you next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment