Sunday, December 14, 2014


Me encanta pina!
I have so much I could say but I really just keep running out of time to say it all!
Well this week was super long but we worked super hard!!!! Again, we came home tired and wanted to go straight to bed... After we did our planning :)
We have 10 people with a baptism date as of right now, but all of them need to get to church first! We will be working with them EVERYDAY! 
Hermana Diaz and I have realized the importance of just work work work and nothing else. We have come to really know the truth in the statement, forget  yourself and go to work. It goes by faster, and the pains go away if you just think about the other people and how you can help them. How you can help them get to baptism and then to the temple with their families!! 
I am so thankful that I had this wonderful opportunity to work and help train Hermana Diaz. She is wonderful and I have learned so much from her. I am so sad that she is going back to her other area tomorrow, but at least we are still going to be in the same Branch!!!!! :) Yes, we had transfers, Hermana Park is going to Tuxtla and I am receiving a new companion.... I have heard she is American and has about 1 year in the mission. How exciting, right?! I will be meeting her tomorrow when I go pick her up at the bus station in Arriaga. ( 2 hours from here!) 
Hermana Diaz and I have been seeing how the blessings come after the trials. We worked really hard all week to find people and invite them to church and only had 1 investigator show up :( we were a little sad because we wanted to reach all of our goals and one of them is to have at least 4 people in church with us every week... we only had 1. But then in the afternoon, we found a whole bunch of new people who are really interested in the gospel. One of them has even been to church before! And we had been teaching his wife for a few weeks. They both accepted the baptism invitation and are going to come to church next week! Another investigator has been to church 3 times before with the Elders and wants us to come back and teach her again!!! 
We are focusing on the message of El es la Dadiva (look for it on LDS.org, it's a huge hit!) and are sharing the message with everyone. As a mission, we have been given a goal. As a mission we are going to baptize 400 people this transfer, which is 4 people each area. Usually we are baptizing less than 300 each transfer. We are doing this as a gift for our Savior Jesus Christ. What are you all going to give him this year? I challenge you to watch this short video ( I don't know what it's called in English) and then decide what gift you will give Jesus and you can tell me at Christmas! SPEAKING OF CHRISTMAS... it's that time again!! to talk on skype!!!! We can talk any day between 21 and 29 of December. What day works best for you all so that everyone can be there? Let me know and we will talk to our branch president; he is letting us use his house :) 
I am so excited every day to watch people grow and progress, M is going to the temple this Saturday with the other members of the ward. I LOVE seeing the glow that he has in his eyes, and his wife is really changing also; they are all growing so much closer to Christ.
Well I really am out of time. I am going to try to send a few pictures. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!!!!!!! 
Pray for us to find and teach the 4 people who want to be baptized to reach our goal! I LOVE YOU!
I  AM SOOOO EXCITED FOR THE REUNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WAHOO!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Hermana Oliphant

No comments:

Post a Comment