Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hey Mom!
Well this is weird because as I am writing this we have a drunk man trying to talk to us...... at least he can't read English and know that I am talking about him! haha
I have been reading and answering all of the letters from the boys and Dad and then your letter and now I am finally to writing you! 
We had such a full week! We had an 81 year old brother accompany us on Monday night and he was so cute walking around with us to teach some less active members. He lives alone which makes me super sad but he is so firm in the gospel! 
Tuesday morning we received a call from the sister training leaders that we were going to have companion exchanges that day. So I went to WINDY Arriaga for 2 days. I was able to be with the Hermana Pugh from Washington. She is so wonderful and I learned so much from her, I have new goals, I have new desires to work hard, and I have a new way of looking at missionary work! 
I met some really wonderful people and we were accompanied by an 18 year old young man who reminded me so much of Ammon. He is just SO ready to serve a mission but he still has a year and a half left of high school. Just like Ammon :) 
I love seeing how humble people are when they have the gospel in their lives. Especially here. I have learned so much from watching others. Watching the Gospel change people is really changing me!!!
I have been studying a lot about The Spirit and how we can receive answers to our prayers. I think I am always studying about this topic, but it's seriously because you can learn so much! I also found a scripture that I love this morning about how we are all Children of Christ (Mosiah 5:7-8)
I had so much that I was going to write today but I am soooo out of time and we have to run. I will keep writing things in my journal so that when I get home I will have SO many stories to tell :) 
I love you all and hope that you are all happy and that you have a fantastic week! 
Also, enjoy the cold for me.... we are DYING in the heat here!!! It's starting to cook us!
Love
Hermana Oliphant



 Feliz Cumpleanos to my big little brother, Damon.  I love you!

Letters for Home
T-10 and counting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment