Sunday, February 22, 2015



Well, What a week! We got a call Tuesday morning that we would be headed for Tuxtla at 2 so we packed our bags and went to Tuxtla. Hermana Humphrey had to renew her visa. To my surprise. Hermana Trad was at the mission home!!!!!! I LOVE her! But sadly it was because she was going home. Her ankle and knee were causing a lot of problems and pain so they decided it was better for her to go home. I was so thankful that I was able to be there with her though and on Wednesday, we spent the whole day together in Tuxtla. We went to the Doctor (where she was so nice to hold my hand and rub my back when they took my blood!!! For the first time in my life I had my blood taken and I am still alive!!!!!), to eat Burger King ( we ate Burger King together every time we went to Tuxtla when we were companions! It was a tradition!) and I helped her get all of her things in her bags. AND we went to the temple :) The new presentation video is amazing!!!! I loved it. I love the temple. I love feeling so close to God! That night Hermana Trad and I hardly slept because she was so anxious to be in her house (her plane left at 6:30 am and had to leave for the airport at 5) so we just talked for hours!!!! There were a lot of girls at the mission home, for the visas and because some are sick, so we slept on the floor in the kitchen. Honestly, I will never forget that night. I am so thankful that the Lord allowed me to get to know Hermana Trad!!!!!!
We came back on Thursday and crashed right in bed. 
For Valentine's Day we ate chocolate ice cream :)
 
Sunday we didn't have any investigators come to church, but I was able to help out in the Primary which really made me happy. I LOVE the children!!!!! They are sooooooo sweet!!!!!! :)
I studied 3 Nephi 11 today and LOVE verse 29- contecion is not from God! I got thinking about what is opposite of contention, it's LOVE! so.... Here are some scriptures I found and LOVE. I would LOVE to share them with you! Read them in order..... :)
3 Nefi 11:29
Mosiah 4:14-15
Mosiah 23:15
Effesios 5:25
Colosensus 3:18-21 (LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
1 Juan 4:18
1 Corintios 13
Rut 1:16-17

Sorry this isn't very long.... BUT I am saving lots of stories for when I get home.... 
I hope you all have a wonderful week and remember always how much I LOVE you!!!!!!!
Hermana Oliphant
 
Happy 16 month day in the mission!


Watergirl!



No comments:

Post a Comment