Tuesday, April 7, 2015




Hermana Oliphant--1 week left!

Mission newsletter--missionaries going home!
I LOVE CONFERENCE!!! I received soo many answers to my many questions that I have had in the last few months. I loved every single talk! We were able to attend all 4 sessions this weekend! Which talks did you all like the most? We will have to talk about all of them when I get home next week! I just have so much
to say and not much time :(
 
 
 
We went out to dinner with Hermano C this week,
 he took us for tacos! I love Mexican tacos so much and I am seriously going to miss them, with salsa, and onions and celantro and limes... talk about a good meal! It would just be a little better with a nice cold coke, but, as missionaries, we dont drink coke ;) 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 On Tuesday we had a ward activity about Christ. Did I tell you about the activity we did in Comitan with "The Living Christ"? Well, we did that here and I played the piano and we had a  few sisters sing and we read "The Living Christ" with a slide show of photos of Christ. I ended the night singing "His Hands" and then we watched the Mormon Message, "Gracias a que Él vive". We didn't have much of a turn out, but it was a really spiritual experience for those who did come :) 
 
 
 
Only an iguana on the street to teach.

This week was really hard to find people in their homes, or in the street because it is Easter week and with the central religion being Catholic, everyone was out at the beach or with their families in other parts. So we did a lot of walking, especially Thursday and Friday with not a lot of talking to people. Our legs and feet were so tired when we got home both of those nights!
 
 
 
 
 
In our zone meeting this week, we separated into groups and discussed how we can be better as missionaries; our district was assigned language. As missionaries, sometimes we get a little relaxed in the way that we talk with our companion, or with members, but we need to remember to always use appropriate language. I have learned that even joking around can be taken in a wrong way. I was our assigned spokesperson and taught our zone about our language. I think I surprised everyone when I committed each member of the zone to use better language. (The other group leaders had only taught their principle, but I have learned that if we want people to change, we have to commit them to do it!) 
We learn through experience! 
Well that was our week. I hope you all have a wonderful week and we will see you soon!!
Love
Hermana Oliphant
It's so hot--I braid my hair a lot!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sister Oliphant,
    I have loved to see what your Mom has updated on your blog...your pictures, experiences, etc.

    I'm sorry I haven't written much but I am SO excited to see you and hear about your experiences from the sweet people of Mexico.

    Love,
    Shelly Dueri

    ReplyDelete