Tuesday, April 7, 2015

It sounds like you all had a fun week. I`m a little sad that I missed out on both of Ammon's plays... but I hope that you were able to record it or at least take pictures. I bet he did fantastic! He better be ready to show me his sick xylophone skills ;)
Well this week we worked hard on finding new people to teach. We aren't allowed to knock on doors here, (like to present ourselves). We have to contact in the streets. So this week we really worked on having a member come with us because they can knock on the doors of people and talk to whoever answers. Hermana X (She just got married; she served here as a missionary, She was Hermana Taylor`s trainer) came with us on Tuesday and also on Friday and we also had our bishop help us knock on some doors. Well all week we had been praying and asking God to help us find someone with a baby or a small child who would listen to our message. ALL WEEK: EVERY PRAYER. And some of our friends here have been trying to help us find this person. Well yesterday  we went visiting with Hermano G and we spent over an hour knocking on doors, and singing hymns and sharing small messages. Some people accepted another visit and some didn't. But FINALLY we were invited into a house of a woman. They were just getting ready to leave when we knocked but she said we could have a few minutes. Well we sang and shared a message and she invited us back. We were really excited because it is a family, 4 boys and the parents. Well when we were walking down the street, we realized that she has a baby. She is who we had been praying for!! After many doors are closed, one will always open. I know it is true. We are rejected all the time, but if we just keep going, keep asking. keep trying, a door will always open. There are always people looking for the truth. We just have to find them!
I know that God answers our prayers. I know he is always listening. 
Saturday night after the Women's Conference (which we only heard the last 2 talks because we were told the wrong time....) We walked back to our area with The R family. She had invited two of her friends to the conference! Well as we were walking, I told her that she was going to contact with me. So her and I walked ahead of everyone and started contacting people. She was so nervous, but after talking to a few people she got the hang of it. Then her mom, contacted a teenager also. And then the brother wanted to join in the fun. Well before heading home, we gave the kids some cards for contacting and then ended up playing a game that night and contacted a lot of people. Then, Sunday morning, the family, her friend, the brother and his friend walked with us to church. We passed by for a member and her two children and headed on our way to church. The two little children asked me for cards and I gave them each two and they went off to find more people to contact. It was so neat to watch these children (two of whom aren't even members yet!) contacting people and saying that they are from the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints! and then inviting them to church with us. That was a neat experience for me.
I sat by the 4 year old in sacrament meeting because the mom was struggling to keep the 2 year old happy. I love being with children that age. They are so wonderful. I love talking with them. They know so much and have such a sweet spirit. I know that they are straight from God's presence.
Then Hermana Agustin and I taught the combined meeting of Relief Society and Priesthood with the teenagers. We shared the mission secret......... :) and yes, missionary work has a secret... do you know what it is? I will leave the guessing up to you for this week. But I know that when we use this secret, the work will go faster and more people will come unto Christ!
I love you all!
Love
Hermana Oliphant

No comments:

Post a Comment