Sunday, February 9, 2014

 "Yeah it isn´t beans and brews white hot chocolate... but this was the best $17 I have spent since I got here! YUM I love hot chocolate!!! $17 pesos not dollars... haha"

 "HA I thought that the weather was bipolar in Utah.... NOPE! it's definitely worse here! We wake up shivering and freeze during our morning studies; then when we leave the house at 12 it's so hot and we sweat all afternoon!! literally! and then by about 5:30 we need our jackets because it gets cold at night. And by the time we get home at 9pm it's really cold and we use our gloves and our noses are all rosy and red!! So we carry our jackets with us every day while its super hot.... not exactly ideal but hey we gotta do what we gotta do!"
 "yep I have definitely got tan lines hahaha
ha"

And she thought Mom's tan lines from sandals were silly!
"My packages from home!!! yay! Thanks family I love you so much. Buenas Tardes mi Amoroso Familia!! Thank you for the letters I finally received both packages this week! Merry Christmas, New Year, and Valentine's Day all in one night! hahahah thanks!"
It took 7 weeks for one;  5 weeks for the other.  Mail is unique in Mexico.  Justyce is still waiting for the weekly letters family mails to her.  It is sent by a different carrier because of the smaller size of the envelopes.  Thank goodness for email.  We get to hear from each other weekly through that means.  How did our parents do it before computers!!!

 "haha my arms are getting buff from doing laundry by hand. no joke." She is learning to be very discerning about what needs to be washed.  We would show you but it is only personal stuff that gets weekly attention...

 "I have been teaching English and talking with investigators in English to help them with their school work. Interesting way of teaching, but hey we do what we can! We have an English lesson tonight at 6:30.

 This week I have studied about marriage and temples a lot. In the Ensign from conference I have read some talks about the importance of marriage in the temple. I loved President Oaks talk, 'No Other Gods'. READ IT. I loved it!! I love how our church is centered around marriage and families. It makes me so sad to see so many broken families here. I just want to help them all be happy!!!!!

I love you all so much and pray daily for your well being and for your safety while I am here serving the Lord. I am so thankful that our family has been sealed in the temple and that we are receiving so many wonderful blessings that come from staying true to the gospel! I love you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment