Sunday, February 23, 2014

Trynn and Colin write their missionary!
We had such a good week! Hermana Maria Rosa was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday! Also, a family that I taught when on companion exchanges was baptized as well. What a neat day and soooo many miracles!

Maria Rosa has been very sick; VERY sick but her testimony is so strong and she has so much faith!! We picked her up and her daughters wern't there. They support her but don't want to have anything to do with the church. When we got to the church house they sent us a text and said to wait because they were on their way!! What a miracle to see them come to see their mom be baptized!! She was scared that the water was going to be cold and the truth--our boiler doesn't work in the church. The Service was supposed to start at 5:30 but the water was freezing. We brought our stove and a pan and started boiling water and dumping it in. We also bought water heater things (metal pieces that you put in the water and plug in the wall) but it wasn't doing much. Finally we got the boiler to work a little and said many prayers. The water was still cold when we started the service. Maria Rosa went first and I stood ready with her towel for when she got out and when I went to put her towel around her, her clothes were warm!!!!!! What a miracle! 
The morning of her baptism, we went to her house for her interview with Elder Northtrup, our district leader, and she was so happy and LOOKED better! and Sunday (after her baptism and confirmacion) she ate real food and didn't get sick, and said that she felt so much better. I know it was a miracle and part of her baptism! 
 
 
Today... I am being transferred. I am sad to leave this beautiful area of San Cristobal... but I know that the Lord is sending me where He needs me! 
San Cristobal Zone
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My new area is in Tuxtla and is called Jardenas. It's really hot in Tuxtla.... but I am excited for this new part of my adventure! I got everything all packed up this morning and we are just waiting for the elders to call and tell us when our bus is! and what the plan is cause all they told us was that Hna Perez is going to be training a new missionary here in this area and that I am going to a new area! 
I will have more information next week! 


Pedrito brougt gifts because I am leaving!  He was baptized in Nov. and goes out on teaching appointments with us while he waits to go on his own mission.





 We went out looking for tacos and found yummy empenadas instead.


We walk by this robot alot.  It reminds me of all the cool things Colin builds at home.  This is for you, bud.

Zombies!




These are friends in the San Cristobal Ward.  I am going to miss this area and its wonderful people!



Members of the ward (the Hermano played the piano for me and I sang in sacrament meeting yesterday! He also served his mission in Salt Lake City and speaks English!!)







I love you all and just want you to know how much I care for you and think about you and pray for you! I sure am loving this. It's hard but I love seeing the changes in the people's lives!!!! 
Hermana Oliphant

1 comment:

  1. You look so happy, and the sister who was baptized is so tiny. I'm glad she is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete