Sunday, February 2, 2014


 Hermana Oliphant decided to get her hair cut.  She misses the extra length but her hair is much healthier.  She still gets stared at a lot but is realizing her time is well spent in San Cristobal.

 This is her new hair style.  She looks great!

I am here to do the Lord's work and this is where He wants me to be! Even though this week was one of the hardest yet, it was probably the closest I have felt to my Heavenly Father. I prayed so much this week!!! And my testimony of prayer is sooooo strong! I love talking with my Father in Heaven, because even though I can not talk to my earthly parents, and I want to all the time, I can always talk to Him. Always. and He will always listen and always answer my questions!





Probably the best feeling ever is when we are at church and one of our investigators walks in- by themselves! That means that they are there because they want to be there, and not because we talked them into going and picked them up... which we do a lot of. One brother came to sacrament meeting yesterday!

Today is a sunshiny day!


It is amazing how much the light of the gospel shines in people's eyes--when they finally realize it's true; when they say their first prayers.  It's so amazing and I am just loving this work. Yes, it's cold, yes it's hard, yes my feet are swollen from walking and I sometimes get blisters between my toes, yes people reject us and yes I get lots of people staring at me (because I am white...) but I LOVE this gospel! and I love being a servant of the Lord. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else for the next 14 ish months. This has definitely been a huge change, but  a big blessing in my life.












Muddy shoes.. oh the joys! haha This picture was taken as we were resting catching our breath from running away from an angry dog. I really REALLY don't like the dogs here!!! They are always barking at us and scaring me!! blah!


Real tamales! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment