Sunday, September 14, 2014

 I am so happy to hear that everyone is doing so well. I needed to hear from you today. I am so happy to hear that Damon is doing so well at work and that he is training to be a manager! He will be good at it if he gets it. Wow the boys have shot up! they are so tall! when did that happen?!?

It's been a long few weeks of weird pains and people rejecting us, but, hey, we are working in this wonderful work and are going to find the people the Lord has prepared for us. We had our companion exchanges with our Sister training leaders this week on Thursday and I was here in Comitan with Hermana Hernandez and Hermana Trad went to San Cristobal.


 We were back together on Saturday and had an interesting evening. We did a lot of walking, we both were in a little pain from our injuries, but kept going! It was getting late, well it was like 7:45 and our appointment that we had fell through so we were trying to figure out what to do and contacted a lady. She was really funny but seemed interested. Then her friend came over to talk with us as well. Well I will be honest, they were a little drunk and it really made our night. We invited them to church and they said yes; they said they want help changing their lives. One of them is a transvestite ( I am not sure how to write that--a guy dressed as a girl). Well they didn't come to church but they have the directions to the capilla so we hope that one day they make it! It cheered us up though from being rejected all day!
We are putting together a fireside for Sunday night. I am kinda nervous because guess what? I am the one putting on the fireside--as in I am going to be singing and playing piano. We need to help the members here remember their testimonies and we have invited the other ward and the branch to join with us that night. Pray for me Sunday that all goes well! I am going to use "The Living Christ" as a dialog and then I have chosen a few songs to sing throughout and we are putting together a slideshow of pictures of Christ in his life. I hope and am praying that everything turnes out well! 
I made rice and didn't burn it!!!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Choco milk!  Yum!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My first time using a lavandaria! We dropped it off one day and picked it up the next! 
And look what I found in my jeans pocket!!! woot woot fifteen dollars!
Se que esta es la iglesia verdadera en la faz de le tierra. Se que tenemos la oportunidad para aprender y mejorar en esta vida. Se que nuestras familias pueden ser eternas! Se que mi padre celestial me ama. Se que los pruebas son parte de esta vida, pero que podemos aprender de ellos (Doctrine y convenios 121 y 122) 
Muchas gracias por todo sus oraciones y ayuda en todo! 
Le amo muchisimo!!
Hermana Oliphant

No comments:

Post a Comment