Sunday, September 7, 2014

I am so happy today because we are finally in the green to go back to work!
We ended up going to Tuxtla on Thursday morning (we left at 5 AM!) and spent the entire day with President George and Hermana George. They took  us to lunch at a nice taco place and waited while we were in the Doctors office and even took us to the farmacy to buy the medicines we needed. We were trying to get on a bus to come back to Comitan that night but by the time we got to the OCC it was too late to get back by curfew so we ended up spending the night at the Mission home. Hermana George is so wonderful. She made us food and treats and we spend the night around the piano singing and laughing and having a good time. President George told us all about his cow farm at home and showed us pictures of his family and the farm. Its so beautiful up there! 
So the x rays showed that I am okay. I am not sure what it's called that I had but basically my bones were rubbing. I can't walk  up stairs or down them and need to not stand up and sit down so much for a few weeks, but we can work and my knees haven't been hurting! ( if you want to know what he really said,  dijo que soy gorda y nesecito bajar mi peso...:) Oh Mexico and the joys of loving food! haha
 My new companion is Hermana Trad. President George wants us to work together, so we are not changing back companions and I am working in the area of Balun Canan 1 (not my original area). Hermana Trad and I have the same time in the mission and will be going home the same day!!!
Well our first day back to work was on Saturday and we taught 6 lessons and found a sister who is so ready to be baptized. Before we even invited her to be baptized she told us that she wants to. She knows she has to get married first but says her husband doesn't want to tie the knot. We have an appointment with them tonight and are praying that the Brother accepts our message and will marry her so that she can be baptized! We are putting our faith in action and are so excited to see what will happen this week. 
 
So I just wanted to share something that I studied today and yesterday. I was reading in Mosiah 27 about the sons of Mosiah and Alma the Younger. I love using this story when talking about repentance. Well yesterday we were sharing this story in a lesson and it really stuck out to me the sub-story about prayer. I think its verse 14 and 15 but it's talking about how Alma the father spend a lot of time praying for his son and it is because of his faith that his son was changed. Then, a little later, when he son is brought before him as if dead, the father rejoices because he knew that this was a miracle from God. I encourage you to read this chapter. Study it with faith, repentance and prayer in mind. I absolutely LOVE the conversion of Alma. 
I hope you all have a wonderful week. I will be praying for you! 
Love Hermana Oliphant
 
 
P.S.  Note from Mom

Hermana Oliphant,
"Because I have been blessed by they great love, dear Lord,
I'll share my love (my daughter) again, according to thy word.
She shall give love to those in need, she'll show that love by word and deed:
Thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed."
In honor of today being day 219 on your countdown calendar, I thought I'd send you a verse from my favorite hymn that shares this date.
I love you,
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment