Sunday, September 21, 2014

Today is independence day of Mexico!!
Well we had transfers and  Hermana Trad went to Tuxtla as a  Sister Training Leader!!! We were sooo sad to have transfers; I think we tried to convince ourselves that we wouldn't have transfers. But she will do so good there! 

I am still here in Comitan and will meet my new companion in the night. I don't know who it is or anything, our zone leaders won't tell me!!! so for now I am spending the day with Hermana Guerrero and Hermana Allen. Wow, Hermana Allen is doing so good with her Spanish!!! I think I need to practice a lot harder on my own Spanish ;)
We had our activity last night (the fireside) and we had about 40 members who came to support us but sadly it was POURING rain... we are blaming the rain for the reason that there wasn't more people or investigators. But it went well. I sang His  Hands (Sus Manos) with the recording.... it was a little weird... but I played the piano the rest of the time. It was fun! The Elders had a baptism after church and since I was at the church they asked me to play the piano for that also. I am just playing all the time! haha Oh and almost the whole time I have been here in Comitan I have been playing the piano for the Primary, so I haven't been to Relief Society for a while!! 
I went through my clothes this morning and set some things aside to donate to an activity that the Primary is doing next week. They are taking clothing and food and toys to a shelter. We might go with them, but we don't know the details yet. I love helping out wherever I can!
I am so glad to hear that you are all using your talents! Good luck to everyone with your upcoming concerts and I wish I could be there to hear them, but make sure to record them and practice a ton so I can have my own personal concert when I get home! 
my picture wall
 
I love my Savior; I love this gospel; and I love our mission president, He is so wonderful!!! He is so loving and I just love talking with him. 
Sorry I don't have a ton of time, but I will be sure to tell you all about my new companion next week!
I sent a letter last Monday so it should come in a few weeks!  :) 
I love you all!!!! 
Hermana Oliphant
 
P.S.  I am happy to be here and to be honest I don't want to go home. I love LOVE the people here and I LOVE being a missionary. It's not easy every day. In fact it's really REALLY hard. We get rejected. We have people tell us we are wrong, We get lied to. But it's all worth it because now I know for certain that it's true. I always THOUGHT it was true, but I KNOW now. I have a better out look on life, and I know what is really important. And I have realized that things I used to think were important really don't matter in the big picture. I have all I need, my family and God. ( and Hannah of course :) :) :) )
Thanks for everything you do for me momma. You are my best friend. I love you forever :)
I can't wait to talk to you every single day, even if it's over text message when I am at school :):):) 
 
P.S. I forgot to tell Trynn happy birthday. I have a new companion, she´s American but her Spanish is really good. I love you!! Happy Birthday Trynn!

No comments:

Post a Comment