Sunday, January 11, 2015

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!!!!!!!!!!
Well this week we have worked super hard! We ended up having 18 lessons with members, which is the most lessons in one week that I have had with a member. We were basically in a trio because we had a Returned Missionary with us every afternoon! He is here visiting from Mexico city where he is going to school. His brother is our Ward mission leader. 
It really helped us realize the importance of members with us in the lessons. We also were able to find a few new families to teach who have stopped going to church. We are excited to help them come back into activity!!! 
I sent pictures from C's baptism. She was soooo excited on Saturday to finally be baptized. Her parents didn't want her to join the church, but she is over 18 so she was able to make the choice for herself. We are all hoping and praying that one day her parents will find the truth like she did! 
 
 "Gracias hermanas por su regalo enserio :3 la falda la use hoy domingo en mi confirmacion :3 y gracias x la tarjeta q me regalaron y por el canto el dia de mi bautizo. les amo muchisimo enserio son bien chidas!! espero algun dia llegar a ser una exelente misionera como ustedes!! son un gran ejemplo para mi, Dios las bendice siempre!!"  This was a sweet message from the hermana that was baptized last week (Mom couldn't resist adding it to the blog).  And here is a photo of Justyce's clothing that she let the sister choose from so she could have a dress to wear at her confirmation.

OH so we had a fun thing that happened this week.... we arrived at one of our appointments on Thursday and had C and our RM friend with us. Well, we were talking to the sister in front of her house when I noticed that a guy was walking towards us with his bike... and was yelling something about Jehovah.... well, he was also pointing at me and saying other things that we won't write here... But I invited myself into the house and sat down on a chair and C was next to me and my companion on the other side.Hermano RM was standing in the door way and this drunk tried to enter the house but Hermana RM put himself in the doorway. But the drunk guy pushed him, and the drunk man came in and sat himself down right in front of me, like with his face less than a foot away from me and told me that he wants to listen to our message. Well, we were all super uncomfortable, alllllll of us. and Hermano RM looked like he was going to punch the guy in the face if he got any closer to me. And then the drunk man started talking to me about how I am his wife and how I have my house with him and that I should leave with him....... SUPER WEIRD!! Well, we told him that we were going to share something with this family and that he needed to leave but he wouldn't so we told the Hermana we had come to visit that we would come back real soon, sang a song--the shortest song in the hymn book--and then Hermano RM held the man away from us so we could leave the house. Well, poor Hermano RM got stuck pulling the drunk man out of the house and then walked the guy home; while us 3 girls pretty much RAN away as fast as we could! I was soooooooo freaked out because of the way the drunk was talking to me. What a creeper right? THAT is a good reason why we don't drink!!!! One of the MANY reasons why we have the Word of Wisdom!!! :) 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well that is pretty much it for the week! 
Here are a few scriptures from my studies!!! 
Alma 5:45-46
Mosiah 4:9, 14-15
How should we teach the gospel? :) To whom should we teach? Why do we teach?

I love you!!!!!! 
Hermana Oliphant


Sunset in Oaxaca, Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment