Sunday, January 25, 2015

I LOVED seeing the missionaries in our house (in South Jordan)! Seriously, it brought a huge smile to my face to know that my family is working with them :) Thank you for sending that!! I hope you can help reach that family and that they can be brought back to the gospel. I will share a secret that you all probably know; the missionaries won't bring them back; they will come to church for the love from the members! Keep working!!
Looks like it's been a crazy few weeks hasn't it! It's seriously going by so fast!!
About the letters, I have had people try to send me stuff from my other areas and nothing is getting through. I think the mail  hates me ;) but I do know that you are all writing and that makes me feel loved. I have missed reading the letters from Dad and the boys though. I hope I get a huge package of them soon! Miracles DO happen! 


Speaking of miracles. We were able to have the baptism of one of our investigators this week!!!!!! He was baptized on Friday and confirmed yesterday in church and should receive the priesthood next Sunday. It was such a neat experience! And Elder Gervais, who taught him over a year ago, was able to attend his baptism which was such a surprise for him! After more than 2 years of hearing the lessons and going to church sometimes and talking to ALL of the missionaries, he FINALLY was baptized!!!!!! We were thrilled to be a part of it all! We are now going to focus on his wife, so that she can follow him and be baptized in the next few weeks! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 We had transfers today but Hermana Humphrey and I are staying the same. Actually most of our zone isn't changing. So I will be here for a few more months! I cant believe I will be finishing my mission in 2 transfers more! 12 weeks!! CRAZY!
Well I hope everyone is in good health; know that I pray for each of you every day! I know this church is true. The mission is hard, but it's SO worth it. EVERY SINGLE HARD MINUTE OF IT! 
Thanks for everything cute family! 
Love,
Hermana Oliphant







P.S.  Look at my hard work, washing by hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment