Sunday, January 18, 2015

Twins!
WOW I can't believe all the changes that happen while one is on a mission!!!! I am so excited to hear about those who are getting married and others who are going to go on missions. I can really see that serving the Lord not only is changing me, it's also changing those I love!!!!
At the temple
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tuxtla temple
We had a quick trip to Tuxtla this week--to be honest we went to see the mission doctor--but we ended up being able to go to the temple! It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wonderful to finally be back in the Lord's house after more than a year! I LOVE the Spirit that can always be felt in the Temple. I wish I could be like Mom and go there every single night! :) 
I was able to do the work for an American! Cool huh?  AND the Sister who helped me at the end, was an hermana from my ward in Tuxtla so that was fun to see her again! 
Add caption
Well we have just been teaching and working on finding the chosen ones. Many people are put in our path every day and we teach as many lessons as we can but in the end it comes down to them choosing whether or not to accept our message. It's been hard to watch people make the choice, but it has helped me to realize how important it is that we each gain and look for our own testimonies. If we pray and read the Book of Mormon I know God will answer and let us know that we have the truth!!! It's wonderful, honestly, to know that we can always receive answers to our questions; all we have to do is ask!
We are going to have a baptism interview tonight and then hopefully if everything goes well, he will be baptized on Friday!!!!!! Pray for him!!! and pray for his wife so that she can accept baptism soon!!!! She has been going to church with him a few times so maybe her heart will accept the gospel soon!!!! :) 

I am almost finished with Alma in El Libro de Mormon, Where are you?
Well I am about finished with my time in the ciber.

I love you all so much! have a fantastic week!!!
Hermana Oliphant
 
 Hermana Humphrey's Mom sent us snow in a box!

Bus ride into Tuxtla with Hermana Humphrey

 

No comments:

Post a Comment