Sunday, March 8, 2015

What a fantastic week we have had!
First off, we had our zone mission activity on WEDNESDAY. WE WENT TO THE BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only were we aloud to play soccer and football on the beach, barefoot, but we also entered the water!!!!! It was seriously so much fun! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
But sadly, I didn't think first, and forgot to put on sunblock... and ended up FRIED! But man it was so worth it! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then, THURSDAY we had our branch activity.  It was planned for the couples in the branch and the couple investigators. The second counselor from the mission, President Olea, and his wife came from Tuxtla to speak with all the couples. We had 4 investigators show up!
They all left BEAMING from what they had felt and learned. We were helping out with all of the children.  At one point President Olea brought all the men out and handed them a rose, and one by one they walked back in and gave the rose to their wife in front of everyone. It was SO cute!!!!!! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then on SATURDAY we went to Tuxtla--ALL of the mission--because Elder Dallin H. OAKS came to talk to us! What a neat experience! Seriously! I was asked to participate in the choir and ended up sitting right in front of the pulpit. So basically we made eye contact a million times! His message was just what the Spirit told him to say and it was so wonderful!
 
 
 
 
 
I felt like he was speaking directly to me! 
He said something that made us all laugh.  He said that the elders (and sisters) who go home are only half of a man until they get married. He told us that our mission is not over until we enter the temple and are sealed for time and all eternity. The mission doesn't end when we are released from being full time missionaries.  There is so much more we have to do. He talked about how we need to make our teaching better, really teach the basics, like what is prayer, how to pray, who is God. A lot of people don't know those things! And a lot of the time we just skip that part because we assume that they know it already. I know I have done that before.
Well there is so much more that he talked about but that is what I loved the most. I just loved being 5 feet away from an apostle of Jesus Christ!!! The Spirit was so strong and I will never forget that experience! 
Well that is what I have been up to this week.



And then this morning we got our transfer calls and I am headed back to Tuxtla. I am going to finish in the ward Bonampac. I am sad to be leaving this pueblito of Zanatepec but I know I will be coming back to visit really soon! I just LOVE IT HERE!!!! I love the members; I love the branch; I love our investigators; I love the motor taxis; I love the tlyudas. I just love it all. But changes are a part of the mission. Plus, this is the last time I will be having a transfer and a new companion... the next companion I have will be for ETERNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) 
I love you all!
Love
Hermana Oliphant



Feliz Cumpleanos, Papa!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment