Sunday, March 29, 2015


Donde Estoy.



Donde estare in 3 semanas!!!!
Today as I was doing my personal study, I finished the Book of Mormon!!! I LOVE how it ends; there is so much wonderful information written. I challenge each of you to read Moroni 7. I have always loved that chapter, about faith, hope and charity :)
I know that the Holy Ghost is our guide and helps us feel God's love. This week we had a really neat experience. On Monday, we had 3 appointments with investigators and also were really tired. Before leaving the house to work, we prayed. In the prayer, we mentioned that we wanted all three of them to be home and to receive us because we didn't feel strong enough to just walk around all night. We got working and went to the first house, and they let us in. The second house, and they let us in. We went to our 3rd appointment and THEY LET US IN. I know that God is listening and that he answers our prayers when we are asking with a sincere heart. 
Hermana Agustin and Hermana Oliphant
We have a few families that we are teaching but they are having a few problems. One family, the husband is a member and she has been investigating the church for a while now. She has the desire to be baptised but can't because they aren't married. And they can't get married yet because he is not divorced. (I know, there are so many cases like this here...). They are losing their faith and haven't been going to church lately because of some things that were said. But we know that soon they will be able to make everything right. They have a strong desire to be an eternal family. 

Another family is progressing really well. They are a young couple and have 2 children, 4 and 2 years old and the wife is 6 months pregnant. They know that the Book of Mormon is true and have been asking all kinds of questions about their baptism (they accepted a date but it fell because they couldn't make it to church on Sunday). But the problem is that they aren't married and aren't in the financial spot where they can pay to get married right now.  But they know that is is something that needs to be done before their baptism. We know that they will become members and I hope that I can be here to see them take that step! We pass by almost every day with them just to make sure they are reading and praying. 
Yesterday we had 5 people come to church. 3 came with recent converts! They invited their friends and they said yes! We don't want to scare them away, so we are going to set up a family home evening for later this week with them. Their mom also came and the boyfriend of a member.  We talked with him yesterday and he expressed his desire to be baptised and set a date with him for the 4th of April. We hope that everything can work out fine with him and  that he can be baptised that day! 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well, that's pretty much what we did this week. On Wednesday we had companion exchanges with the sisters in our ward (our sister training leaders) and I went to work with Sister Knight from Herriman. She is so wonderful! I always learn a lot from the companion exchanges and feel a new light when I get back to my area. 
Well I know that this church is true. I know that God lives. I know that families can be forever!
Love 
Hermana Oliphant

No comments:

Post a Comment