Sunday, November 9, 2014


Movie gifts from a friend--waiting to watch at home!
Justyce's District
Wow. I can't believe we are already here at the internet again. Well actually we are at a different internet in a different town about 25 minutes away but hey it's internet! We had to come here because there aren't any banks or ATM's in Zanatapec and,well, it's the first of the month so we desperately needed money!
Well we had a very good week. I was working on getting to know all of the members; there aren't tons but hey that's why it's a branch! I love the people here. They are all super nice! You remember those motor taxis I told you about? Well we are friends with most of them so they sometimes give us rides for free!!!! Or maybe it's because I am cute?? because my companion said that they usually don't give rides for free!!!!!
I haven't died of the heat yet, which is good. I know that the Lord is helping me keep cool because it's super hot some days! and I haven't gotten sun burned yet which is Awesome! I am loving working with Hermana Tlahuel. She is headed home at the end of this transfer which is super sad :( but hey these 18 months go by sooo fast! She has been getting things ready to send home to her family which has gotten me thinking, I have SO much stuff! I am going to give lots away before I come home so that I can (hopefully!!!!) bring home a hammock! :) :) :)


Well we had a wonderful week of small miracles. We worked hard even though we were a little sick. We reached our goals, we contacted every day and we saw the blessings on Saturday when we were able to move up a baptism date and watch M be baptized!!! Sunday he received the Holy Ghost AND the Melchizedek Priesthood! Our goal is that he can come to the temple with us in 2 weeks! In his baptism interview, he told Elder Hernandez that the reason he wanted to be baptized is so that he can go to the temple with his family. (His wife was baptized 2 years ago, and they have 2 young children). We are going to be working with him this week to try and find family names so that when we go he can be baptized for his family!!!! :)  I LOVE this gospel more and more every day. I LOVE seeing their faces as they come up out of the water (or RIVER!!) because they are just BEAMING. They can't get the smile off of their faces!!
Well church is definitely different here. We are in a casa de oracion (prayer house, I think is what they are called in English) and it's super small. We sing along to a CD player because there isn't a piano, and we had 70 people at church on Sunday. But I know we are going to help them grow here :) 
OH so pretty cool, we have been asked to help out with the choir for the district conference this weekend (district because it's branches, not wards, so it isn't a stake conference). We are going to be wearing original dresses from here that have been hand sewn and everything! I am super excited! We tried them on last night and they are so beautiful but they are so hot!!! It's a good thing we will only be wearing them for a short time! I am singing a solo..... wahoo!! ;) 
Well I sure love you all. I love this gospel. and I love my Savior!!!!!
Love,
Hermana Oliphant :) :) :)
Hermana Oliphant tried shrimp and loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment